Friday, June 29, 2012

Sybil

HAPPY Friday,

Why do we always look to others to figure out how we should be? I’m not able to think of any one person that I could look at and say, “That’s who I want to be”. There are characteristics that some people have that would be nice to have. Like, my circle is so real when it comes to that money. They are good with saving, making more of it, and spending it wisely. It blows me away. I want to be better and because of their influence, I am better. Do I think I will ever be on my money game like them? No. I’m not about that life but I know this. Then there are things about me that they can appreciate but they will never have. The point is that we are cool with who we are. Where we lack there is someone else that can provide insight. It’s those special talents that make us who we are. When I was little, I was my momma’s “Baby” and she wanted me to have a better life than she had. To my granny I was her “little piece of warm toast” (Miss E). My Grandpa believed I was gold and that’s how he treated me. I basically could do no wrong (I think it’s because I made him laugh). Growing up I always felt special. THEN, the big bad world came along and rip me a new one. I had no idea who I was outside my family unit. Then you are in college and you are a social security number. I wasn’t even Erica anymore…… Really? On the outside, I was the same person but internally I was half a person. The world will present certain things that it feels you need to have in order to be….. A person. Yes….a person. I felt as if that was going to be toooo much work to be someone else when I could just be me. Who I was, needed to be worked on but it seemed easier than being a completely new person. As I was finding my way, I had to learn to ignore society. I liked being me and most times that did not jive with my surroundings. Oh well. What I learned is that even if I do me I’m still well received. No matter what the look is, the current fad, or stream of thought I can still be me. There is something in you that makes you the person that you are supposed to be. I believe everyone has a purpose and once you find it a calm comes over you. Do I know what I’m will potentially be…..no. What I do know is that right now part of my purpose is to speak positivity into our world. I’m cool with that and anything else that happens I’m sure that I am being prepared for that also. Let’s stop trying to be something we are not. The road to true freedom lies within self-realization. If you are being something that feels forced and not soul soothing then stop. It’s hard to explain but when I accept me for who I am, how I am and work on the things that could be better I feel an eternal relief. So, I guess let the things you do like about yourself outweigh the things that you may not like so much. The world is better because you are YOU and not some make believe person.

Embrace the wonderful person you are right now…..

AND remember why would you want to be a copy of the copy when you are the original? (RIP…. Jelani)

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment