Friday, June 15, 2012

Release yourself

Good morning,

I was thinking this morning. Why is it that we will hold on to what someone used to do and not take into account that they are no longer doing it? I mean we will give someone all the potential in the world but it is up to that other person to actually do it. Then we find ourselves saying, “Well he/she use to do such and such and that’s why I like them”. Well we should notice what is being said….. “I like them because of what they use to do”. That is what that first sentence said. The relationship is surviving off memories. Really? Is that all we desire to have is memories? Why is it not our naturally reaction to say, “Hey things are not the same let’s re-evaluate what we have here”?  If things do not change or continue to go downhill, why don’t we make plans to move? Do we not want better? Do we not feel that we deserve better? I will tell you what it is…. It’s HOPE. We hope that the other person will change. We hope that they will go back to how it was in the beginning. We hope that they will be able to see how much we love them. Well sometimes, they are just not able to see it. There are times that you will not be able to see how good you really have it until it’s gone. We all know that you can’t change people but you can change you. We have to figure out what we want and how we want to be treated. If that is not happening then a discussion needs to happen. It shouldn’t be hostile and should be more of a “let’s check-in to see what’s going on” type of situation. When people have internal things going on it reflects itself in their daily patterns. First thought should always be to repair. If we are beyond the point of repair then it’s time to move on and repair ourselves. We can be single and hold on to the wonderful memories. It’s pretty much the same thing anyway. We were not getting what we need in that relationship and now as a single person we are not getting it either. The difference is that as a single person there are new opportunities to get what’s desired and more! I will always be a hopeful romantic. I enjoy LOVE and how it makes me feel. The more love I receive the more I want to give back. I love to see love in others and when I am the person that makes them feel that way it makes me feel SUPER!!!! With that being said, I know I will not live with anything less than I deserve. I don’t think anyone should. Let’s not hold on to things that do not exist anymore. This also goes for negative memories. You are not in those circumstances anymore so it’s ok to let it go. You are free to experience better!

Today smile more, love harder, and laugh louder….LIFE IS GREAT!

AND remember don’t expect to find the right person if you are not willing to let the wrong one go……..

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment