Monday, March 26, 2012

You are not naked.......

Unruffled Morning……

Are you an open person?

I have been thinking about vulnerability this weekend. I personally have a hard time with this. It’s a constant battle but I continue to push myself because I believe the benefits are greater than any fear. Take the example of my finances. That is clearly my business. I don’t ask anyone about his or her finances and they don’t ask about my mine. The only time I will ask is if there is a chance that we will have to combine our finances. Other than that, it’s not anyone’s busy about the details of your finances. Anywhoooo, I had to open up and expose my finances to my financial advisors. I felt totally naked even though at the time I had on a pea coat. I actually had to lay down fully dressed for about 30 mins after I got home because I was so uncomfortable. It was my decision to expose myself because I wanted to get my life plan in order. I mean I have been praying for help with my finances because accounting is not my area of expertise and BAM here they are calling me. I had to take advantage of the opportunity. I pushed and allowed myself to be vulnerable and I can honestly say that I’m happy that I did it. The joy of having a life plan is so much bigger than the fear of being exposed and judged. When it comes to happiness and Joy, you have to take a chance. There are times that you will feel like you are Thelma and Louise’in of the cliff but you are not falling. It’s just the unknown that is making you fearful. If we begin the thought process with “Everything will be fine” then we start on a good foot. Just keep repeating to self that everything will ok. On the cool I have been vulnerable a couple of times where it didn’t work out. This usually involves men…..lol. When it comes to family, friends, and work, I seem to have a better handle on the situation. I personally feel that the majority of men that I happen to be attracted to are not always emotionally available. I’m still working on that and I’m sure something will change….. It always does. I have put myself out there and my feelings are unrequited. It’s not the greatest feeling and it may last for a minute but I know that it’s not the end. I know that the heart will repair itself unless I keep tearing the scab off. I have said before that because of GOD and my family I know what true love is and that I can be exposed to it outside of them. There are many reasons that we will fight being vulnerable with anyone. No one wants to be hurt, rejected, or taken advantage of and so we build a wall and the only way to get through is if the other person decides they want to take the time to chip away at it. I’m not saying we need to knock down the wall and just let anyone in but if the other person is putting in the work why not give him or her a hand. Take a chance. We will never know what will happen if we never open up. I’m going to be open. I’m going to put myself out there, because I know that I want better and I’m willing to put in the work to get it. Although I have been hurt in the past, I have healed. I have a great support system and I’m blessed because of that. I am better because of all of my experiences and therefore I will continue to try. The prize is there for me and I’m going to get it! What are you going to do?

Make goals, create a plan, stay open, and attack!

And remember to share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment