Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Real You.

AWESOME MORNING!

I am feeling so HAPPY this morning. I just want to scream just to take some of the pressure off.....LOL!

Last night I was watching Wendy Williams (yes I watch Wendy) and Iyanla Vanzant was a guest and she said something like “It’s hard living someone else’s dream” and I almost fell off the couch. How many of us are attempting to live someone else’s dream? If you don’t know, take a moment to think about what you want and if that’s not what you are doing you may be living someone else’s dream. Steve Jobs said it best, “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary”. It’s crazy to me how I can live through something and later I get a message that I needed back then. I can reflect on many times in my life that I was living someone else’s dream. The situations always ended because I was attempting to fit into a space that was not a fit. I’m in a position now that I am super happy because I am the true me all the way through. I will not change anything about me to fit into someone else’s world. I will tweak things because there is a time and place for everything but total change will not happen. I really feel that if people do not like me for who I am then that’s a “You Problem” (Thanks Chris!). I’m good. I even have my insecurities in check. I just keep telling those insecurities that I am running this and if they do not care for it, they can leave….. #POW If I have said something that has offended someone I am more than willing to work that out because about 99% of the time I probably didn’t mean it like it was understood. I speak my mind because I don’t really know any mind readers and I do not need anyone assuming on my behalf (but thanks for trying). A perfect example” I have a good friend and when we speak to each other at times it can seem as if we are arguing and attacking each other but we are blunt with each other and that works for us. This is not to say that we have never fallen out with each other. Oh, we have but we have always been able to be very direct with each other and I appreciate that. Even though we may not always agree, we do have a respect for each other. Love her to death! From the first time I met her I have always been able to be me. I may not have always done that in other aspects of my life at the time. NOW, through all of life twists and turns I have come out so much better. I know that I was created for happy. It fits so well. Happy, Joy, and Love are what drives me to continue with this journey we call life.

Last night I learned (again) that my mistakes or missteps have created the person that is now able to spread JOY to you! We are not mistakes but we are human so we may make a few. When we fall, we have to get up and then learn from the situation. Then stare the storm in the face and say “I WILL NOT FAIL!” Think about your ancestors and all that they have endured. They may have been afraid but their dreams outweighed their fears. Let’s do the same! If we have a plan and fear is included then we might as well not have a plan. We will never fail if we have it in our minds that what we desire is important. If we are given a project at work, we KNOW that it has to be done. We make sure that we do whatever we have to do to get it done. That’s how our dreams should be viewed. We have to get them done. The first step is to figure what it is we want. Once that has been done, then we need to begin the work on ourselves to make sure that we will be able to handle our dreams. Your dream is out there but you have to look INSIDE to find the tools to get it done. We must STOP settling for less than what we dreamed. I mean what is the point of having dreams if we will sell them for something less? Failure is not a choice so STOP making it an option.

Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Breathe in positive and exhale negative. All that we want is waiting for us so let’s go and get it!

And remember the vision will become clearer only when we look into our hearts. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment