Monday, March 19, 2012

Do you know?

Unruffled Morning.

How big do you dream?

I mean seriously, do have big dreams or do you put a limit on them so that it can be more “realistic”? I have noticed that we will settle on a portion of our dream because on some level we feel that we are not worthy of more and don’t want to get our feelings hurt if we were to get less. The thing is when we dream smaller we still get upset because we really wanted and expected more. That is crazy right?

I have really been in research mode. I’ve looked up simple things like “How to be happy”, “Effective Communication”, and “Love”. I enjoy seeing other people’s views on different topics. You never know what you will learn. Since we are not equipped with “How To” manuals we must research. Think about it…. If no one told your grandparents and your parents how to love then they basically just made it up along the journey and passed it on to the next. Then added or changed some things and then passed it on to you. Therefore, you may not have the proper information. We tend to look at what our parents had imitating it or attempting to avoid it. We most times never bother to research on how to do it we just pull it out of our behinds and hope for the best. O_O I have been reading this Iyanla Vanzant book “Broken Pieces” and even though it’s about her life, there are many things that apply to all of us. We learn about self worth at a very young age. How we feel about ourselves and what we deserve all begins before we can even begin to speak. Once we have this thought process, it molds the types of dreams and goals we want for ourselves.  It doesn’t have to be that our parents beat us or abandoned us. They could have been right there in the home but we are still able to pick up things that will shape our future dreams. I know some people that have seen their parents in love all of their lives and they chase the dream of that perfect love. I mean they endure anything to attempt to get that love. What they don’t understand is what it took their parents to get to that point. I mean are they really going to tell you their trials and tribulations as a young child…. No. Once a person learns all that it could take or all that you may have to endure the need may fade. Also, you may love a different way from the way that your parents loved. There are so many things that need to be considered when it comes to YOUR life. An awesome love is a great example but we must come across the love that fits us.

I know that I talk about love a lot and that is because a majority of the people I know have their jobs/careers on lock. I mean even if someone is without a job, they are already researching, on interviews, and have spoken to several people about new opportunities. The outlook is always positive and they dream really big regarding their next job opportunity. When it comes to love, there are all sorts of apprehension. There are unsure steps, bad information, and a lot of assuming that happens when the subject of love comes up. We are more than willing (most times) to put ourselves out there for a job but not for love. Do we not know that a broken heart is really not broken? It’s more like a hard pinch or shin splints. Let’s get out there and study. We should learn about ourselves so that we can make better decisions about what we want when it comes to love.

The better we know ourselves the bigger the dreams will be because there is a confidence there that says, “You are worth it!”

Today I stand firm in my dreams and goals. I know that nothing’s perfect but I believe that with hard work I will have everything that I want because I deserve it!

AND remember if you don’t feel worthy, no one else will feel it either.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment