Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Countdown........

Happy morning….. (That’s 1)

2. I’m divorced
3. I have many talents (baking, sewing, writing, hair, etc….)
4. My mother has passed
5. My family and friends love me unconditionally
6. I have a couple of fears
7. I have A LOT of FAITH

Wondering what’s up with the above list? Even though I have been through a lot, I count it all JOY! Wondering how? Let me explain. Let’s begin with #1. I’m happy. I was happy when I woke up this morning. I opened my eyes from my bed in my own home. I smiled when I showered and brushed my teeth. There are times that I have to stop and just thank the Lord for allowing me to do these things. I am able to choose a pair of shoes from my many, many, many, many options…. J Once in the car I begin my morning conversation with my Best Friend. I give thanks first, pray for everyone second and then pray for me last. By the time I get to work, my mind is right and I’m extremely happy! It doesn’t take much for me to be happy. I have put in the work to get to the happy state so I guess you can say I’ve been trained to feel this way. *smile*

Now for #2, #4, #5, #6. I’ve had some perceived not so great things happen to me. What we must remember is that it is our past experiences that help shape us into the people that we are today. I believe that everything happens for a reason. We can either allow our past tear us down or build us up. I’m in the business of building. I have fears just like the next person but I have to keep reminding myself that I have come this far so what’s to stop me from going further. I know that without my pains I would not be able to really understand my JOYS. If happy is my goal then in every negative I have to find the happy. I may be divorced but I’m smarter when it comes to relationships. I’m happier because I know more about me. On some level, I feel like I have a leg up on people that have never been married. Happy or not marriage cannot truly be understood until a person is in it. I’ve said that marriage can be most difficult BEST job one will ever have. Marriage is constant work but with the right person, it’s worth all of the work you put into it. If given another opportunity I would do it again. I understand love. My family loves me unconditionally. That is why the passing of my mother was not the end of me. We are not built to fall to pieces. When that happens, that’s us giving up. I didn’t want to give up but I had so many emotions at the time. I didn’t want her to go but I didn’t want her to be in pain anymore. Then there was the guilt. When she passed, there was a guilt that I felt relieved that I didn’t have to worry about her, my anxiety, and all of the driving.  I loved her and would do ANYTHING for her. If she told me to move back to Austin I would have been gone….. She was my world and without her, I felt empty. For a while, I was just going with the flow. I thought if I stopped, I would fall. After a while, I realized that I had the strongest support system in the world. I was in need and they were there for me. I mean all of my family. Even the people that were not blood related were there for me. There was no way that I could fall. I could climb the highest stage, leap off and I know that they would be there to catch me. They showed me how much strength I really possessed.

Finally, numbers 3 and 7. I have been blessed with so many talents. There are times that I feel like I can do ANYTHING! Most of the time I attempt to do it because the confidence is there. I have to pull myself back at times because even though I know I can do it I may not have enough knowledge about it. That’s doesn’t mean that I won’t do the research. I feel like why waste the money when I know that I can do it? There are some things worth paying the money for like my birthday cake. I can do it but the stress of making the cake will leave me pooped for the actual celebration. I feel blessed every day that I have vision and I am able to make that vision a reality. I am able to bring to others with the talent that was given to me. How sweet is that? My Faith continues to propel me forward with anything I desire to do. There are times that I feel like I may not have anything to say to you but somewhere between the time I leave home and get to work, something pops into my head. My Faith allows me to see my Joys…….

I count it all JOY. My goal is to be great so whatever happens I have to find the meaning in it. I’m going to grow with each situation and become a better person with each day that is gifted to me. I will continue to share my lessons and happy with you because I want you to be able to do the same.

Today, look for the JOY. It’s there it’s just waiting on you. Be the change that you want in your life.

AND remember JOY is love made visible.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment