Friday, March 16, 2012

It's All Good.

Good afternoon,

This morning has been so busy. It started with personal business and then work. I have been a very productive woman…lol

So, as we know I can loyal to a fault.  It’s just something in me that says stay. Even when things are not so great, there is something that says, “Hang in there! There’s hope”. This is a good and bad quality to have in life. I have decided to change insurance companies. I didn’t want to but I knew that my company had me bent over. When I really looked into the details I was like, “Really Erica?” So, I got some information and made some calls. Now I have more than I had and I’m still paying less than I was. SMH. So, I called my current insurer and he all he could say was “I hate to lose you”. I politely said, “If you really didn’t want me to go then you should have been calling me offering me all of these discounts.” No one ever calls me. I always have to call them and they are kinda like “Whatever”. Now it’s, “Give me a chance. There was just a disconnect”.  He is all up on me attempting to wine and dine me with dreams of getting back to where he was…. Smh. Once I have made up my mind, I’m pretty much done. He would have to call me back with the most amazing deal and a statement that has glitter on it every month. I just don’t see Kevin doing that. Seriously, if he does not call with the sound of glee in his voice telling me about saving MORE money and glitter then he will just have to face fact that our relationship has come to an end.

My new insurance company promised me glitter. J

Anywhoooo….. The whole point of the above rant is that you should never wait until the last minute to try to keep something. If you feel that you've got something worth having, then the work that it took to obtain it will be the work that is needed to preserve the situation. Now this may seem like an easy lesson but it’s not. We get comfortable and if everything seems like it’s cool then we will not work as hard. If no one is saying anything then things must be ok. Right? We all get busy with work, kids, family, extracurricular activities, etc so it’s easy to lose track of something. That’s not horrible thing. The problem begins when we never take the time to make certain that things are on track.  I state all the time about how important communication is but yet we still have problems with it. I have never really complained to Kevin so he didn’t bother to take time to make sure that I was good. I could have said something earlier BUT IT IS Kevin’s job to make sure that I am well insured. This situation can happen in a relationship, friendship, or at the job. If you don’t say anything then there is a chance that nothing will happen.  I really think we should study effective communication. I believe that it would make life much easier.  There would be less assuming and misunderstandings. I enjoy my life being easy. Addressing the situation, brainstorming on ideas, listening, and repairing the problem is my motto.  The less time we spend on assuming what someone is thinking, the more time we could spending on the enjoyable things in life.

Let’s work on checking in more often than not because if you are not taking care of home someone else will. Ask Kevin. O_O

AND remember don’t let something that doesn’t matter cause you to lose something that does matter…..

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment