Friday, March 23, 2012

Give it all you got!

Happy Friday!

Today I read something that I thought was so empowering.

“You are not going to get full-time blessings for part-time devotion”

I should just end the message right here. Those words are so real. If we ever expect to reap the benefits in life we cannot put in “some” effort and expect everything to be on point. I believe this applies to all aspects of life. We need to become experts in our lives. If we happen to be experiencing the same storms in our lives that may mean we are not learning the lessons. We need to discover new ways to accomplish our goals. I believe that they way that we feel about ourselves is in direct correlation with the decisions that we make. We tell ourselves what we can and cannot do, how worthy we are, and what we deserve in our lives. Now this would be super if we thought positive ALL the time. This all stems from the lessons we were taught early on in life. We don even realize some of the things that we have picked up from the people around us. I grew up around very verbal people. For the most part, they say what’s on their minds. This can be a good and bad thing. Your words can hurt someone’s feelings without you even knowing it. L So here I am with an opinion on almost everything and not afraid to speak up. I am now learning that not everything or everyone wants to hear what I have to say. I’m leaning to shut up…. I’m still working on it…lol. Anywhooooo, because I am a very verbal person it has allowed many blessings to enter my life. I am writing and actually helping people and that makes me feel really good. I think that I can go further with this but on some level, I am stuck. I am expecting a book to appear on its’ own because I am certainly not typing away making it happen. I have a serious case of writers block. I have attempted to write an outline and I am just not able to follow it. I have tried just writing some things and I feel like it’s all over the place so now here I am reading other people’s books….. O_O I can pray about this book all I want but if I don’t do my part then it will never happen. That is the point of this e-mail. If I do not devote myself to writing a book then it will never happen. At this point, it doesn’t matter if people will want to read it or not. If I don’t write, there won’t be anything for someone to want or not want to read.

We have to focus on the task and not the ending results. Stop worrying about what could or could not be. Dedication is where the focus needs to be. We have already failed for not trying in the first place.

The whole picture needs to be broken down into steps. Maybe we should take our dreams and write each step on a note card. Tape that card where you can see it. When you have completed the task then tape up the next card to focus on. We have to find a way to simply these dreams and it won’t be so hard to visualize. Blessings do not always have to be big. It can be something as small as completing a workout or getting all of you errands done in a timely manner. Getting overwhelmed with something is a great way to raise that anxiety level. Anxiety is your body’s way of saying, “Hey! You are doing too much”. At this time, we must listen. Let’s devote ourselves to accomplishing a PIECE of our goal. Before we know it, the dream will be right in front of you!

*Talking to myself* Thanks Erica……

And remember there will be times that GOD presents you with a blessing and a plan, but if you don’t act on it, it will go away…….

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment