Monday, March 5, 2012

Thankful

Soothing morning,

So, this weekend I saw the movie “Good Deeds” and I enjoyed it. While watching the movie I found myself whispering “Thank you” to GOD for my own blessings.  I’m so grateful to have the things that I do have and I realize that those blessings could have easily been given to someone else. We are conditioned to look at the big things when appreciating life. I want to be mindful of the small things that happen on a daily basis. I’m thankful for being able to care for myself. I get happy just thinking about being able to afford to buy bananas. I’m thankful that my good always outweighs my bad. Yolanda Adams sings in a song, “It doesn’t have to be as good as it is right now” and she is so right. Right now I have a sweet life and anything positive that happens is just extra. I mean really, what is the point of complaining. It doesn’t get you closer to your goal. After a while, it also begins to pluck on people’s nerves. It’s like having your dream house built. Complaining that it’s taking too long might rush the builders to get it done quicker but that doesn’t guarantee that the house will be built well. Keep your eye on the goal but prepare yourself. Get your own house in order for the future move.

I don’t have much to say today and I apologize. Be very appreciative for the things you have and for the people in your life. You never want to look back and regret not taking the time to smell the roses.

AND remember you fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn, you’ve been hurt but you are still alive. You’re human and not perfect but you are thankful.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment