Friday, March 9, 2012

Reaching out

Great morning,

Have you told someone that you love, care, or is just thinking about him or her today?

I know that most people know that you care but telling them can brighten their whole day. I know that when I get unexpected texts, e-mails, or phone calls expressing that I am being thought about it makes me feel uberly special. In college, my mom would send me notes that said, “I Love you” and you would have thought that I received a million dollars. Those three words said that she loved me and I was on her mind at all times. To this day, I still mail notes to people just to let them know that I am thinking about them. I think we sometimes get so busy with our lives we expect people to know how we feel. Being busy can sometimes appear that you don’t care anymore or that you may not feel the same. It doesn’t mean that you don’t but since we are not mind readers how do we know? I actually feel like this is one of the easiest ways to make someone feel special. I have never heard anyone say, “I hate when I get thinking about you messages”. It’s free and it doesn’t need a specific date or time. My primary love language is Quality Time but there will always be times when it’s just not an option to see someone. Therefore, to get a message still makes me feel good. I love when my aunts call out of the blue just to say that they love me. We don’t live in the same city and so It’s like a verbal hug….lol. I also get text messages from friends and that always makes me smile. Life can really get busy but it’s the little things that maintain your relationships in between the big things.

I hope that today you reach out to someone just to show them that they are on your mind.

AND remember your heart doesn’t have a mouth so in order for people to know what it feels you must speak for it.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment