Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm not the only one.....

Good Morning,

So, as you know I love to read and I am always looking into new ways to better myself. Last night I was reading Essence and I came across the article that basically co-signs on everything that I have been sharing with you. I decided to share this today because sometimes you have to hear it from more than one person to get it. Like I always say, “I don’t care how you get it just get it!

Believe In Yourself and Your Plan


Growing up, many people told me, "Paul, one day you're going to be on Oprah's daytime talk show. One day, you're going to sit on that famous couch." I heard this so many times. I truly believed it with all of my heart. I became obsessed with "getting on Oprah's couch." Then, a year before Oprah's final season, I saw that time was running out and the window was closing. I wasn't going to be interviewed by the Queen of talk after all, I realized.

Now, let me show you how God works: Last week, Oprah visited me at my office in Kingsland, GA. She sat on "my" couch and I interviewed her. Of course, this is all for our upcoming LoveTown USA show, premiering on the OWN network this summer, but the point is, God's plan for us is greater than we can imagine. Our job is to believe it!

That said, believing in ourselves and our plan is not easy. If you're having a hard time believing in your greater purpose, here are nine ways to help:

Identify Your Values

What do you live for? It’s hard to know where you’re going unless you know who you are. Identify and prioritize your values. It’ll be clearer to you what you need in life (and therefore, what’s most important) opposed to what you simply want

Train Your Belief System

Everything you will have in your life will come about because of your belief that they’re possible. The first step to training your belief system is to use affirmations. Affirmations like “Why am I so confident? Why do I believe in myself? Why do I trust my intuition?” are empowering questions that focus your mind on why you are, in fact, confident.

Watch Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

It’s one of the most inspirational speeches I’ve watched on having faith in your purpose. This video is a different kind of soul food!

Be Bold

It’s important to realize that no one has ever fallen while stepping out on faith. I think about this single point daily

Toughen Your Skin

No one ever succeeds without being rejected (many times). Expect to hear the word “no” time after time, and you’ll be ready to overcome, time after time

Accept Compliments

This is critical towards bolstering your self-esteem, which is an imperative part of stepping into your purpose. Next time someone gives you a compliment, resist the urge to dismiss it, or think to yourself that the person didn’t mean it. Instead, imagine it is true, and you might just find that it is.

Surround Yourself With People Who Believe In You

Jim Rohn says you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with – he has a point. The common denominator I find in people who excel is that they surround themselves with folks who not only excel in their own right but believe in the potential of their friends.

Fake It Until You Make It

This begins with simply speaking confidently and assertively (even if you you’re not). By simply speaking in a strong manner, you will see you have greater control over your ability to influence. As a result, your actual confidence will grow.

Force Yourself Into the Habit of Believing

Some people are born with an innate self-confidence, but most of us are not that lucky. It’s a good thing we can teach ourselves new habits. Most experts agree it only takes 30 days to change your behavior. Just like a good exercise program, use the suggestions I gave to map out over the next 30 days what you will do daily to boost your “belief muscle.”

Read more:

AND remember success depends on the second letter……

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment