Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What's wrong with a little love?

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!!!

You know I love any holiday that creates love, smiles, and laughter. This year I was feeling good about Valentine’s Day until people just started being so negative. I mean I know that there are some people that do not care for this day and that’s fine. I’m not saying that you should love everything I love. The problem I have is when that hate is used to steal other people’s joy. The “JOY STEALERS” really have no rhyme or reason for the hate that they are spreading. For me Valentine’s Day is a day to love in unity. Be nicer to people. Speak to people you don’t know. Spread they joy that you normally do not do on a daily basis. Take this opportunity to receive happy from someone else.

As far as the flowers, cards, and candy that is the icing on the cake. The JOY STEALERS want you to believe that if you do not get these things for your significant other that you will be in the doghouse. If that’s how you feel then you should be mad at you and not Valentine’s Day for dating the bum of a person. What really kills me about these people is that most of them are in relationships. I’m like really? Really? Then those that make their significant others feel bad for not doing anything is sad. Keep it up and you will be with us singles again…. It disappoints me when people in relationships are not setting the example on healthy relationships for singles. Trust me singles are looking at you.  I think whether it’s today, tomorrow, or next week you should always show your love. YES, do not wait until Valentine’s Day to express how you feel but it’s cool to say “And I love you again today”. You will pay for dates, travel, purses, and wedding rings but when it comes to Valentine’s Day, flowers are too expensive. Do you know how many flowers you can buy with the money used to buy a wedding ring? So miss me with that whole gifts are too expensive thing. Take this time to find out what your partners love language is. I mean if it’s gifts then flowers, cards, and candy are important. If it’s Quality time then they may just want a home cooked meal and cuddling with a movie. One of my friends just wants her husband a little extra help with the cleaning. Valentine’s Day should be another day of showing your love.

Then there are the singles….. Why are you complaining about Valentine’s Day? You complain but would still love to be in a relationship. Now that’s just stupid. You are going to bash someone else’s joy because you do not have your own…. Really? GET A CAT! You should be so in love with you that you will attract people to you. That’s how this love thing works. Valentine’s Day is about LOVE. Love your fellow men and women. Love your family and friends. There are so many options in love but you are focused on the one that you think you are missing. You see you can’t see your blessings because your hand is always out asking for more. You don’t even have enough self-love to love someone else. Use this day to smile more than you did yesterday. Be happy that you are alive to see another day. Appreciate that you have people that love you just the way you are right now.

Right now, I’m super in love. I’m in love with ME, my family, my friends, and my best friend the Big Homie...

I’m blessed that I can love and I want to show extra love on Valentine’s Day I will. I’m single and there are no gifts coming that I know about but I’m uberly happy because I am able to share my happiness with others. Everyone in my office will smile and laugh because they are all my Valentines. I stayed up late last night to make treats so that I could spread joy in my office. I had brunch this weekend with the girls and I brought cupcakes (that I didn’t bake) to say that I was thinking of them and that they are loved. I’m filled with so much happy and love that I could burst at any minute! I’m going to enjoy the day listening to love songs (Anita Baker on deck) and sipping on warm beverages. Love is like a boomerang, if you throw love out there it will come back to you.

I want to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day. I hope that your day is filled with kindness, smiles, and laughter.

AND remember loneliness hurts, rejection hurts, losing someone hurts, but in reality LOVE is the only thing that heals all wounds and makes you whole again. Now don’t you want that?

Happy Valentine’s Day!

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment