Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rushing to failure......

Easy Breezy Morning……

Question of the day….

How can more be expected when there is no appreciation for what has already been given?

Ok I know that I have addressed this subject many times before but it has come back up again and I want to talk about it.

I mean like, we will complain about what we don’t have at the drop of a dime. I can look on twitter, Facebook, e-mail, even TV. and there are people asking for prayer for something they want. I rarely hear or read someone saying, “I just want to say Thank you for what I already have”. Not working on patience is a clear sign that the Faith tank is low. Do you not trust that there is something better for you? Do you think it will be too late for you to receive your blessings? How do you know? I know one thing if the Lord is the same cat in Old Testament you are NEVER going to get that blessing. He simply told those people that they have doubted him too many times and for that, they will never get what he promised. It makes me think are we not where we want to be in life because we’ve had doubts too many times? Maybe HE is just waiting on us to chill out so that he can do what he promised. There is no point in giving us something when we are not in a position to receive it. It is during this “Chill out time” that we should be thankful for what we already have. Focus on the blessings you have already received.

This week due to miscommunication, my feelings were crushed. As I cried, this flood of negative thoughts washed over my mind. The “why’s” expanded to the point where I began to think, the things that I want will never happen. It wasn’t until I got home that I began to think, “ok that’s enough of the pity party”. This was just a moment and not how it was always going to be. I also thought that nothing has happened that couldn’t be corrected. I was just hurt at that moment. I began to run my favorite quote through my head: “For We Walk By Faith and Not By Sight”.  The crying stopped and I began to give thanks for the things I do have in my life right now. The thing is that at this very moment I have an abundance of positive things happening. It amazes me how one negative thing can overshadow all of the positive things. This is when you have to check yourself. I am human so I will have weak moments but I am not trying to make those moments a lifestyle. I will get what I’m supposed to have when I’m supposed to have it. Right now, I need to work on enjoying what I have, creating a better me, and spreading joy.

Don’t miss your blessing by trying to control something that you really have no control over. You have to do your part. Concentrate on that…. YOUR PART. You cannot control other people. If that job, man, house, woman, child, car…etc is meant for you then you will have it so chill out.

Think about this…………. If you are not prepared to handle the blessing then you will mess it up and end up back in square one anyway……SOOOOOOO CHILL OUT!

I hope that today you take some time to verbally give thanks……. A thankful heart is so much more attractive than a thirsty heart.

AND remember to go to bed every night smiling even when you have a bad day. Be thankful that GOD allowed you to get through it.

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment