Monday, February 20, 2012

It's there.... Can you see it?

Awesome morning!!!!!!!

Last night I was watching another “Remembering Whitney Houston” tribute show. This time it was the Oprah interview and then Oprah did some side commentary. The thing that blew me away was at the end Oprah quoted “The greatest love of all is inside of you”

I could not stop thinking about that one little line. I talk about self-love all the time. It’s that love that makes everything around you ok. When you are filled with love for self, the external love is so easy to accept. You can literally suck a person dry attempting to fill yourself with their love. You have nothing to give back because you are so busy trying to fill yourself up that no wonder they leave. You are not only taking but you are not giving anything back in return. I always say that you are the CAKE and all external love is the icing. It just makes your life sweeter. If you are missing some ingredients and attempt to replace them with the external icing you will ruin yourself. That is not what a foundation is built on. You have to be whole before you can appreciate outside love. How can you ever form you mouth to say that you love when you don’t even love you? When you have any self-love you really don’t know, what love is. Everyone has a different way to love so if you don’t have your own then you don’t really know. If you don’t love, trust, or appreciate yourself then you will find yourself working triple time attempting to show love to someone else. Love is supposed to be comfortable. I like to think that love is a like an all white bedding set. Love is lying in a whip cream dream or Charmin in the commercial that will be so good to your tush. Love doesn’t come in material things. Love is just being comfortable with just being. (Hope that makes sense) The material things are that external love icing. I am by no means perfect but I love me without any doubt in my mind. I make mistakes but I attempt to learn from every one and strive to be better the next time. That is why this song makes so much sense to me. The greatest love is happening to me every day. I am uberly happy with the woman God and my parents have created. I’m pleased with the person that my family has shaped and experiences molded me to be. I can be the most consistently inconsistent person but my love always stays the same because my foundation is solid. When I have weak moments I think of all that I have been through and all the love that I have been blessed with and I find myself back on the right path. I have provided the words to the song below……


I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I tell you all the time make a decision. Believe that you are awesome! You are better than most but if you don’t believe it then no one else will either. Don’t let you past dictate your future because each morning that you wake up you have the opportunity to create something better. Think about all that you have been through already. You don’t even know your own strength because you are not paying attention. You are more than a conqueror! Every morning when you wake up smile, put on your confidence, and go into the world knowing that you are loved. You were not built broken so stop acting as if you could fall apart at any minute. Your self-love is there so embrace it and build you an awesome life.

Valentine’s Day should be an everyday celebration and every February 14th you should show up and show out for love. Don’t wait on anyone else you can love right now. You can love today so what are you waiting for?

I hope that today you love yourself a little more.

And remember if you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment