Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Did you see that shadow?

Super duper morning!

Have you ever seen the movie “Groundhog’s Day”? It’s about a guy that wakes up every day and it’s the same day. Not to give everything away but there is one part where he attempts to change something that cannot be changed. No matter what he does they outcome is the same. He had to accept that not everything can be changed and that he tried his best to make it work. Certain things in our lives have a Groundhog’s Day effect. We sit and wonder repeatedly, what could I have done differently? Sometimes there is nothing you can do because that is how it was supposed to happen. There is something happening on the other side that is out of your control. All you can do is learn from it and move on.

My dad once said to me that he wished that he had helped my mother with her sickness. I sorta got upset because I my first thought was he is not allowed to talk about her. My second thought was “Well why didn’t you?” but I said nothing because at that point it really didn’t matter she was gone. That would be his Groundhog’s Day. Later I thought, even if he would have helped would it have changed the outcome. I seriously doubt it.

My personal belief is that everything happens for a reason. It has a time and a season. Appreciate your life. Value the ups and the downs because it is through these experiences that you are shaped. I mean look at me…. Most of the time divorce has a negative effect and creates bitter sheltered people. My divorce changed me into a happier person. I’m just happier about life in general. There are times that before my mother passed or I left my marriage that I thought without that situation I would not be able to go on. That is how much I made those situations my life. They say what doesn’t break you makes you stronger and right now, I am titanium. So after that I was like I can get through anything. I will never forget but my pain has faded. I have no Groundhog's Day because I have grown from my past experiences. You have a choice on how you want to live so why not choose happy? 

Stop having a Groundhog’s day about something you can’t change. Take the lesson and apply it to your life.

AND remember life is like a rollercoaster enjoy the ride!

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment