Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Naked..........smh

Great morning!!!!!!

So, every morning one of the things that I pray for is continued help with my finances. I am not the most financial savvy person but I am so much better than where I have been. So yesterday, I met with my financial advisors and I found myself tugging at my coat and twisting and turning in my chair. When it comes to my finances, I would just rather keep that information to myself. I felt naked and venerable. It felt as if I was walking naked and barefoot down the I-10 highway. Like I went home and laid down fully clothed for a while until I felt like I was dressed again. Very uncomfortable situation. I think being judged about an area that I know I’m weak in is just too much. Now, we know that I have trust issues when it comes to people in general but I’m actually very comfortable with these two people. I have prayed for the help and now here it is so I have to give up the info to get the help.

I think sometimes we pray for things but we are not always ready to do what it takes to get to what you are asking for. I was thinking GOD and I could go over my budget, he could twinkle his nose, and things would be better. It never dawned on me that HE would send someone to help and I would have to financially strip for these people. I guess I should have been more specific and said “GOD I WANT YOU TO FIX MY BUDGET”…… So now, I have to man up because I have been praying for a better understanding of my finances and here it is in front of me. I desire a way to be more financially comfortable and free. Thus far, what they have explained and broken down for me makes sense and it seems like something I can actually do! I’m actually a little excited. What I am not excited about is having to disclose all of my business.

Now I have had other people look into parts of my finances and they tell me all the time that my situation is nothing compared to others but it’s a lot to me. Past experiences have guarded me away from sharing and thus making me make myself financially cripple. Like I said, I have come a long way. All of my bills are paid but now I have to make my money work for me and not be working for the check. In order to get the new you have to strip yourself of the old. You cannot take old baggage into a new life. Growing up with no financial education can no longer be my excuse because the tools are there and now there is someone to explain it to me with making me feel not so great for not knowing in the first place.  They are not asking for anything other than my information and they do not have access to anything so it’s really all up to me.

Excuses are the offspring of fear. You always have something ready to say when a subject comes up that you are comfortable with discussing. Let go and you will find that you can be so much better. Stop saying that you can’t have more money because you don’t make more money. Discontinue the thoughts that you will never love again because you have been hurt. Put an end to the notion that getting outside counseling will not help. Strip yourself of all the negative thoughts that are holding you back from your greatness. It’s these very ideas that have us in the situations that we are currently in. If we only tried just imagine how great we could be. Take a chance on you because you are worth it. The most successful people took a chance because they believed in their dreams and goals. Now don’t get down to your last penny but make a plan and act on it. I am blessed (once again) that GOD has placed these two people in my life. I am willing to give up all the info because I believe in the plan. Plus, it worked for them so why can’t it work for me. I am going to be better. If GOD keeps opening the doors then I’m going to keep walking through them.

Today I hope that you take advantage of the things that are placed in your life. They are there to make you better.

AND remember stripping the past makes room for a better future.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment