Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hey You! I want to talk to you!

Magnificent Morning!
 I hope that you had a wonderful holiday. Now it’s time to get started on this New Year. Are you ready?
 This morning I was reading an e-mail on my phone and text message popped up that said, “You can’t heal what you won’t confront” and I was like well, well, well…. What a message to begin the New Year. This year take the time to confront the things that you have been putting off for one reason or another. Do not let the fear of that situation keep you in a holding pattern. Address the situation and you may be pleasantly surprised at the outcome. We all have something that we need to tackle. We have been putting off thinking that we will work on it later. You may even think that what you are putting off is not affecting the other parts of your life. This is not true. The things that bother you the most drip into other parts of your life. Unhappiness is like a disease that will spread to other parts. If you are not happy with your job you will take that feeling home. Then bills come and you feel like you can’t afford to do other things. You can’t go out with friends or family. You are not able to buy gifts. Then your attitude towards everything becomes a little funky. Let’s say that you have a problem with relationships. Your negative or unhappy attitude is projected onto other people. They do not desire to share their happy news for the fear of upsetting you. You feel as if all you have is work but you can’t appreciate that because you are focused on what you are missing. You don’t want to go out because you are in a state of unhappiness. In both of these situations, you do not even realize all of the negativity that comes out of your mouth. There are many more issues and if you have one, it will leak into the other parts of your life. This should be the year that you take control of your life. The thing about life is that you feel like you have time but I’m here to tell you that you don’t. The years are flying by and before you know it, you will at a point where it’s too late to make changes. That’s when the regret comes in. You have wasted enough time. You don’t have to tell anyone what you are going to do just work on becoming the better you. You are doing this for you and your future. Your happiness is at stake…….
 Take an hour to write down who you want to be and what you think it will take to get you there. Leave room for life changes. Then put this list up so that you can see it every day. You need to be reminding of the bigger picture. Life can get so busy wrapping you up in different emotions that you may forget what the ultimate goal is for you. This will help you stay focused. We all need a reminder about important things that you don’t want to forget. Well your happiness should be important. I know my happiness is uberly important to me. When I sit at my desk every morning the first thing I see is a sign that says “For We Walk By Faith and Not By Sight” and that reminds me that no matter what negative situation may be happening I KNOW that it will be ok. I know that some people really need that at their job. I keep it here because this is where I spend most of my time. When I am away from the job, I am reminded by the tattoos on my wrist. On each wrist is a Red Eye Tree Frog. For me they are a constant reminder that I am loved and to (F)ully (R)ely (O)n (G)od which is very important to me. These things help me keep my head in the game. They keep me from geekin’ out and allow me to take a step back to see what’s really going on. We are human and your mind will lead you to believe things that may not really be happening. You have to be focused. Focus on living the happiest life possible. Find things that work for you. Remind yourself that you are awesome. Trust yourself that you will always take care of you. Even if you make a not so great decision just have a come to Jesus meeting with yourself and say, “We are going to do better next time”. Learn from all situations good and bad and you will be able to make better decisions.
 I only desire for you to be happy. I want you to wake up every morning with a warm feeling of happiness. I know that you can do it so I need you be aware also!
 Take this year by the wheel and ride it until the wheels fall off!
 AND remember it’s your life don’t be the hater that keeps you from greatness!
 MAKE IT GREAT!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment