Monday, January 16, 2012

Breathing.......

Great morning!

First, I want to Happy MLK day and happy belated Birthday to Martin Luther King. His service to this country will never be forgotten and will always be appreciated.

You know when you lose someone you never really lose them. You may have lost them physically but they still live you. They live in your words, actions, and in your heart. Think about when someone mentions someone or something you lost and you have some feelings about it that means that it’s still alive. The mention of Dr. King and all of these good feelings about his work flood our minds and hearts.

For me it’s my mother. She has been gone for almost 10 years now but they way that I feel and think it’s as if it just happened the other day. She will always live within me. I’m funny like her. My attitude can be vicious like her…lol. I love hard as she does. Even some of the things I do reflect her actions. She will always be with me and for that, I’m grateful.

We do not cry For Dr. King’s death we celebrate his life. We reflect on all of the good work that he put in to make things better for us. That’s how I feel about my mother. She worked had so that I could have better.

With all of this being said, do not weep long about things you have lost. Celebrate what time you had and how the future is going to be brighter. This goes for people and situations. Those people are now in a better place. They are in a place where they can find peace. No need to fall apart down here when they are at peace up there. Use their love to guide you to make it better for you and the next generation. As far as lost situations, be grateful that you are not in a negative situation anymore. Think about the positive future that’s ahead waiting for you. If you have missed out on a great situation use it as a learning tool to better yourself and another situation will present itself.

Keep moving forward. Appreciate what you have at this very moment. Absorb the feel good moment of being alive. Take a deep breath and smile knowing that you are still winning. Enjoy your morning tea, coffee, o.j., or apple juice and take a moment to just relax. The people before you have worked hard so that you will be able to enjoy your life. Smile.

Today I hope you are able to take a break just to sit and be thankful for your life right now.

AND remember give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment