Monday, January 30, 2012

Better!

Wonderful morning!

I’m on 100 today! My cup runneth over with happiness. I really am not able to express to you the happiness that I am feeling right now. Nothing has happened to cause this feeling. I woke up and smiled, grateful for another day. I’m feeling good about me and what the day will bring.

I have been listening to one of my favorite songs “Better without you” by Kelly Rowland. Now she is clearly talking about a man but I apply this song to every storm in my life. Anything that comes my way I attempt to be better after it happens. My storms are there to teach me. The obstacles appear to make me better. The times when I thought that I couldn’t make it without something I found that, I was stronger after it. I told everyone that after I made it through the initial pain of losing my mom I knew that anything after that would be easy. I really thought that losing her would be the ticket to get me into the crazy house….lol. Even though I miss her dearly, I am so much stronger. Every time something is removed out of my life, something better comes along. That’s why I tell you not to sit and live in your sad feelings. Something better is going to happen and you don’t want to miss it by sitting around in your unhappiness. You still have the ability to do all of the things you did before the storm so now is the time to focus on that. Tell those fears, doubts, and hurt that you are better without them.

I want to you realize that “Better Without You” has more to do with you than with the external things that hurt you. It’s how you feel about the situation. The steps you are taking to get back to happy. The journey you are now taking to find your happy. You are not better because the person who hurt you is now hurting. What if that never happens? The focus should be on you not the storm!

Kelly sings:

I'm not reminiscing
I'm living
In this moment
I am moving
Forward cause the worst is far behind me
I am leaving the resentment
I'm releasing all the tension
Cause it's finally about me

That can’t be any clearer. It’s about what YOU are letting go. How YOU are focusing on YOU. The forward movement YOU are making. The past is behind you. The slate is clean. Make new positive memories. You are not dead so you still have the opportunity to be GREAT! Happiness is still available to you. Step out on Faith and decide that you are going to be happy.

I have made the decision and anyone that wants to hang out with me better be prepared for JOY! I have no desire to be sad. My fear and doubt don’t really bother me that much because they know they will have to work too hard. I deserve to be happy. I worked very hard to get to this place and will work just as hard to stay there.

I hope that today you can begin to release the negative and embrace the happy.

AND remember the amount of happiness you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.

Make it great!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment