Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Are you a Janitor?

Magnificent Morning!

Ok so a friend sent me a message that said, “How many keys are you carrying? I notice that the older you get the more keys you have”. I literally laughed aloud because I know that I have keys and I have no idea what they go to but I don’t want to let them go because I may need them later. We all do it. Look on your key ring and there is probably one or more keys that you are keeping for one reason or another. I still have the key from my mother’s house. She is gone and so is the lock to that house. Why am I holding on to it? Do I not have other things that remind me of the love we shared? We don’t only do this with keys but with other material things or just thoughts. We fill ourselves with the positive and negative things that have taken place in our lives. Sometimes you have to let go to make room for future blessings. Did you know that if you have too many keys on your key ring that it will put too much weight on your ignition and mess it up? Holding on the things will burden you down leaving you with the feeling of being overwhelmed. Keep the necessary things in life. Happiness is like a space bag. It doesn’t take up too much room. I never hear people say that they havd too much happiness and it is taking up too much room. Actually, you probably don’t even notice happy. Think about it. When things are running smoothly, you never stop and say, “Dang today is a great day”. You just continue to on your day never realizing that you have had a day filled with no storms or drama. It’s always the storms that you keep. Remember when such and such did such and such? I’m sure you do.

Today take some time to look at the “keys” in your life. Rid yourself of those keys that you remind you of the negative baggage that you have. Dispose of the keys that you have and you don’t even remember where they go. If the key were really important, you would remember. You never look at your keys and think, “Now which one of these unlocks my house?”….lol. Make room for that keys that unlock your happiness. Keep the keys that unlock future blessings.

I hope that you free yourself from the things that are holding you back from being great!

AND remember everyone's got extra baggage; the question is, what are you doing to unpack that trunk and put it away, so you don't have to keep tripping over it?

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment