Monday, July 30, 2012

Do you hear the music?

Good morning,

So I was spending some quality time with the family (LOVE) and my aunts were talking about how you know you are on the right path when you “Hear the music”. You know how in movies there is music to suggest how you should feel. In Jaws everything was cool until you heard “Duna, Duna, Duna, Duna” and you knew that something was about to go down. If you were anything like me, you immediately attached the feeling of fear for those people in that water. My aunts said when you are on the right path things will feel good and will just happen with ease. My aunt J said that when she went to look at a house with my aunt R she heard the music. The feel was just good. My aunt R agreed. Before they went to the house, my aunt R had already driven by the house. She said that she was a little afraid of living alone (my uncle had just passed) and when she went by there were all of these lights around the house. She said that she could see everything…down to the color of the dog in the back yard. There were lights on both sides the front and the back. She felt better knowing that it was so well lit. So, she moves in and she is not able for the life of her to find the switch to turn those lights on. They were no longer there. She ended up adding a few lights but she took it as a sign that the lights she saw before were there because that’s the house she was supposed to be in. I found this so interesting because I’m always thinking about the difference between “feelings” and “A feeling”. In my opinion “Feelings” are the emotions that you feel should be attached to a situation. Like when someone steps on your foot hard, you may attach the feeling of being “angry” or “annoyed” because you feel like that person should have been more careful. The pain that comes from your crushed toes is “a feeling” it’s not something that you can control. You may not want it to hurt but it does. When you are attempting to do something and you get this feeling that something is just not right, that’s “A feeling” but then you attach an emotion to it from your box of “feelings”. I noticed that when I attempted to be more structured in my life it was harder for me to live it. I always had a feeling of being uncomfortable. Things just didn’t sit right with me. Once I let it all go, things just flowed. I was calm and easy feeling. I mean I have goals and things that I want but instead of struggling to make it happen, I just allow it to run its course. I do what I need to do on my end and let the rest flow. When it’s easy, we are encouraged to keep going. When it’s not flowing but we keep pushing someone or something will get hurt. I just smiled thinking about someone I know that was trying to get into a gate. He couldn’t get it to open so his first instinct was to push harder and harder. He stopped pushing not because he couldn’t get it open but he came to the realization that this shouldn’t be hard. It’s a gate. Let me stop and try something different. He took along look at the gate and found out that it was locked and he needed to reach over and unlock it. Now you may be giving him the side eye right now but that’s how life is when you are in your “feelings”. Feeling frustrated he wanted to push harder. Once he relaxed “a feeling” of calm replaced frustration and he figured another way to do it. When we stay calm, a feel for the situation can become clearer. Then you will be able to really assess how you feel about that situation. This morning someone rear-ended me. Just a love tap to the vehicle but my world briefly ended. Now I was in shock. I could have attached anger, sad, hopelessness, or any negative feeling to what had happened. I chose to focus on the feel of the situation. There was no need to be mad. I wanted calm. I was already shook up so adding mad would not have helped. He was calm or at least he seemed that way. We exchanged info and then we went on our way. It went smoothly and I could focus on getting me back to calm. I kept telling myself that I was ok. My feelings were in a state of panic but you can’t believe everything your feelings tell you. The car was fine. I was fine. My hair was a little messed up and I couldn’t find an earring but really is that anything to be upset about? (oh and I found the earring) Even though the situation was not favorable the feel of it was fine. The point of all of this is that we can’t keep attaching fake feelings to situations. We have to be able to get a feel for what is going on and react to that. Life will be so much smoother if we just focus on the feel for the situation and not your personal feelings about situations.

Start today paying attention the music it will always guide you to what’s really going on……….

AND remember tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment