Thursday, July 12, 2012

*singing* Give it up, turn it loose...........

Good afternoon,

So yesterday in my “Life Studies” class, the lesson was about Esau and Jacob. You may already know the story but I will do a quick recap. Esau and Jacob are brothers. Jacob tricked Esau out of his birthright and then stole Esau’s blessing. Jacob is not the most honest person. He would be a great soap opera character. Anywho, Jacob’s mom heard Esau talking about killing Jacob so she told him to flee. He did. Jacob stopped to rest and had this dream with ladders, Angels, and GOD at the top (Go read it). God told Jacob told he had his back and everything was going to be all good. Jacob wakes up and is feeling pretty good but still has doubt because he basically says, “IF GOD does all this then HE will be my GOD”. Jacob leaves the rock as a marker for that spot and moves on. He stacks up his paper (cattle, sheep, oxen…etc). Then haters come out and GOD tells Jacob, “Go home I got you”. Jacob still being afraid about his brothers’ feelings toward him, being the dealmaker/con artist that he is he sent a message to his brother saying, “I am your servant and I have been living with our uncle. I have all acquired all of these things and I am sending these messengers to let you know that I am coming with the hopes that I may find favor in your eyes”. Well Esau sends back that he is already on his way with 400 men. Jacob went into to plan mode and split his people into two camps in fear that Esau was coming to destroy them all. Once he finished his plan, he (for the first time) prayed to GOD reminding him that he promised to have his back. He told GOD that he knew that he was not worthy for all that HE has already done but please help him through this situation. After that night’s preparation to meet his brother he was alone and then found himself struggling with a man. The man sees that Jacob is not going to give up so he touches his hip and it pops out of place. Even though the man wants Jacob to let him go, he won’t until he blesses him. So, the man asks his name and he says, “Jacob”.  The man says that’s no longer you name. It’s now Israel for you have struggled with GOD, and men, and have won. Jacob limps to meet his brother and Esau is so happy to see Jacob. He embraces him and Jacob realizes the power of GOD…..

*Love Life Studies*

Sorry, for the long recap…. It could have been longer because I skipped some things…….

The point of all of this is that GOD has promised us a great life. He has given us the ability to choose what we want to do with it. We can plot, plan, and make deals all we want but there will come a time that we will have to give it all up, confess who we are, and let GOD do what he promised. When going through a storm we will struggle with GOD because we are not willing to let go of the worry of a situation. I was watching the Oprah and 50 Cent interview and 50 said, “Pray or Worry…. Don’t do both. When you do worry what do you think you are saying to GOD?” By not letting go, you are basically saying that you don’t fully trust GOD to handle it. #POW Do your part, pray, and let it go!!!!! Think about it like this….. When you tell/ask the person that you trust the most to do something, do you run behind them seeing if it’s done? Do you go ahead and do it yourself? If you do those things then you really don’t trust that they will get it done so why ask them at all. Jacob was not perfect. He doubted GOD. He didn’t even have a relationship with GOD but GOD made a promise and he followed through with that promise. Jacob was a changed man when his brother hugged him and was happy just to see him.  All of the storms and trials that we will go through know that there is a “promise” so things will work out. Even when we struggle and get in our own way…..GOD will make it so difficult and painful that we will have to move. When we begin to move and let go, GOD will show up and show out…… If you don’t believe me….. Try it for yourself.

Yesterday after this lesson, I got back to my desk and spoke to GOD about some things that were on my heart. Afterwards, I finished some things that I was in the process of and then went back to work. I finished my day in a better mood but not at 100%. On the way home (not even 3 hours later) I got a phone call addressing EXACTLY what I had just spoke with GOD about. I instantly began to cry. I know that I need to work on not making the same mistakes but HE knows my heart and when I confessed with my mouth, HE was right there. I didn’t expect any immediate change. I just knew that I was done with worrying about it. GOD has proved to me time and time again, how HE has my back. HE has never let me fall. That is why I have to share all of these things with you. I am not perfect by any means and yet GOD keeps looking after me. I try not to worry about things that I cannot control. I can only stay prayed up and encourage myself to keep moving forward. When I changed me, GOD changed my circumstances…..

Today let’s let it go. Let go of any pain or worry that we have. Give it all up for the promise of a better life.

AND remember letting go doesn’t mean that you have given up; it means that you are strong enough to trust that it will be done……

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment