Monday, May 7, 2012

Why are you wearing negative?

Good morning,

So, this morning I was reading some feedback and it was suggested that I expand on how to get to happy. I really had to think about this. The thing is that we all have negative moments in life but we have to take the initiative to look at the positives instead. Let me give an example. I no longer have my mother in my life. This year it will be 10 years since she moved in with Jesus. I miss her dearly. There are times that I see my family and friends with their parents and it hurts a little. Now I could sit here and think about all of the moments in my life that I will not be able to share with her. Instead, I decide to man up. I begin to think would I want her to be here on earth and in pain. No. I know she is in the best hands and I am grateful for that. Then I begin to think I have five aunts and countless other women that love me just as much as they love their own kids. So, it’s not as if I am not receiving any love. I also think about the quality time that I spent with my mother. We were best friends. We were limited in the things we could do but we made the best out of what we could do.  Those memories are very important to me. Then there are the qualities and lessons that she has given me. All of this makes me smile. My thoughts then move on to look at all of the things that I am currently blessed with and the thoughts of missing my mom so much, decreases. I follow these positive thoughts by getting up and going to spend time with family or friends. It’s the connection that is missing so I just have to put myself in a situation that gives me what I need. I do not bring the depressive thoughts. I come in open so that I can absorb the positive that I am looking for. I will always love and miss her. She was my life but I cannot sit and be hurt about something I cannot change. What I can do is accept the love that is sitting in front of me. That’s what she would want me to do.

The whole point of this is that we have options in life. We can have a pity party or we can step up be happy with the blessings that we currently have in our lives right now. We all have blessings that we are ignoring at this very moment. For every negative think about a positive. That will help you keep your mind clear so that you can change that negative into a positive.

Take time looking at you life and all that you have going on right now. When you get you right then everything else will fall in place.

AND remember it doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half full. Be thankful that you have a glass and grateful that there is something in it.

MAKE IT GREAT   

E

No comments:

Post a Comment