Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Forget about it..... (in my best Goodfellas voice)

AWESOME MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know why today is awesome????? Today is AWESOME because it’s a new day. Any troubles, sadness, guilt, storms, and failures are behind me. I have the opportunity to move forward into the newness. I am going to streak into my future. I have to tear away residual negativity. I do not have room for old baggage. I am making room for the newness. Seriously, if we keep dragging old baggage along happy will never come to us. GOD makes a new day for us so that we start with a clean slate. It is we that decide to hold on to the past. Then we want help to make things better. Well……… first, you have to let go of the old to be able to receive the new. This concept seems very easy but we make it sooooo hard. I was reading my devotional and it says that if you climbed a mountain and reached the highest peak you would not sit and ponder over every rock, stumble, faint, and failure…. You focus on the accomplishment. So, we need to focus on the goal instead of the path it takes to get there. We are not perfect and the thing about it is that we are not expected to be perfect. We are required to keep attempting to be better than we were yesterday. Let’s stop talking about what shoulda, coulda, woulda and go get what it is!

Today smile and enjoy life……

AND remember you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next!

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment