Monday, May 14, 2012

The show will go on!!!!!!!

Great morning,

Can you guess what I’m going to talk about today? If you said “Happy”, Ding, ding, ding……. you would be correct!

Soooooooooo this weekend was tough. I was not in a good space. It rained all night Friday and I got some great sleep! I fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie and it was just nice and relaxing. I woke up about 4am to use the bathroom and stepped in a puddle of water on my carpet. O_O! Instantly the relaxed Erica disappeared. I spent the next hour attempting to find out where this puddle came from since none of the carpet surrounding the puddle was wet. I couldn’t find it. I sat thinking what to do. I worked on moving all of the cords and power surge from sitting in the water to higher ground. By then it was time to get dress and go get my haircut. After the haircut ran errands until the office opened and I called telling them what happened. They said they would send someone out (which never happened). When I got home, I called the emergency maintenance (because now there is an odor) and finally someone comes. He tells me that Monday someone will come. I say no that’s not going to work. So, he says the carpet people will come in the morning. They don’t come in the morning but the afternoon instead (after my many calls to the front office). I was nice each time I called but between every call, I cried. My thoughts are just running rampant and emotions are all over the place. I was at my breaking point. It wasn’t just the carpet. That was like the tip of the iceberg. Betty actually just held me because I couldn’t stop crying. (So thankful for her being in my life) I felt guilty for breaking down because I know that GOD always has my back and crying is like doubting that HE will come through. I don’t have doubts when it comes to GOD. The human side of me just needed to release. I feel that crying is weakness leaving the body so that you can continue the journey with a clear head. Then out of the blue Anquionett called me saying, “Hey I just wanted to call to say that you are loved”. I almost broke down again because to me it was like a sign that said, “It’s ok. You are covered”. (Thankful for her also) It’s not as she knew what was going on. In fact, it has probably been a couple of weeks since I spoke with her. I know that I can handle the carpet alone but I feel empowered knowing that I’m not alone. Anywhoo….. Hopefully, the carpet will be finished tomorrow and everything will be fine. If not they will have to work on it until it’s right. This morning when I spoke with GOD on the way in I didn’t pray just gave THANKS for every detail I could think of. My happy was instantly restored.

The point of me telling you all of this is that there will always be something that happens and you may feel like it’s too much. You have to just keep moving forward. You may even have to take a moment to cry and release some of the pressure but keep moving forward. I’M JUST LIKE YOU. There are people that believe that I never have bad days. I do but I may not say anything or it didn’t last long enough to mention. I’d rather share my happy but I wanted to share this particular storm because to me it was big. The reason that people fail is because they stop moving. I know that GOD wants to see me happy. HE sent all of these wonderful people to reinforce what I already know to be true and for that, I’m eternally grateful! The storm may have rained on me but it wasn’t prepared for me to dance in it….

Today, dance in any storm that may be happening right now. Let your problems and issues know that they don’t stop no show!

HAVE A SUPER AWESOME DAY KNOWING THAT YOU ARE LOVED!

AND remember happy are they who enjoy life day after day, complain very little, and are thankful for the little things that life offer.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment