Friday, August 24, 2012

The truth about cats and dogs......

Good morning,

So, the other day I was talking with a friend and during the course of our conversation, the topic of relationships came up. We discussed the type of affection that makes us feel special. I called my affection “Drive by love”. I do not always need to be up under you but I need to be able to be next to you from time to time….lol. Well she told me that I am a “Cat”. I was like “huh?” and she said cats do not necessarily have to be near their owners to feel loved. They come and get affection when they want but they do not want to be touched all the time. I thought, “By gosh I think you are on to something”. I thought about how dogs require a lot more attention than cats do. Most of them are always following you around and will sit and stare at you until they have your attention.  We decided that she is a dog and I am a cat. She requires a lot more physical touch than I do. Not to the point that you feel smothered or anything but more touching. I know several people like this. The love to spoon all night long and hold hands when walking around. She is cool with a lot more PDA than I am. I never thought about it but I am cool with just being near you. I’ve always been this way. My love language is quality time. So, making time for me in your schedule doing something relaxing means so much more to me than you hanging all over me like a wet jacket.  One of my friends told me I feel that way because I do not really like the person. I thought that’s not true. I have been in love before and it wasn’t because he hugged me all the time. The more I thought about the more I realized that growing up my mother and spent a lot of time in the house. She had Lupus so going out in the weather was not always an option. We spent time playing games, coloring, watching t.v. and other inside activities. I thought she loved me because she always wanted to be with me. As I got older we would do things like sit next to each other on the couch while having Starbucks and watching cartoons. I may not seem like much but to me it meant the world. I mean my family now has these “Sunday Salons” where we sit around and get to know each other. I LOVE IT! Now don’t get me wrong I love affection. I just do not require an abundance of it. I told my friend that knowing your love language is important because where “Physical Touch” lands will determine if you are a cat or a dog. We always laugh because I usually attract the men that she should date and she meets men I should be entertaining. What I haven’t figured out is why very affectionate men seem to be attracted to me. I do not give any indications that I’m an extreme hugger….. I believe everyone should read the 5 Love Languages and apply that to whom they date. Most people treat others the way they want to be treated and tend to get upset when the desired reaction doesn’t happen. I feel that when people say that it really means if you want people to be nice to you then you should be nice to them. In order to get the desired reaction one must find out how the other person receives love. I have seen some “Cats” marry “Dogs” but there is so much effort that has to be put forth on both parts. I, on the other hand, desire another cat. I have no desire to keep pulling away from someone because they have used up their “invading Erica’s personal space time”…..loll. See this dating thing goes a lot deeper than the “I want 2 kids and so does he”… Pulling and pushing on me will not bring us closer nor will stopping by for 15 mins to research your next errand. If 15 mins is all you have make those 15 mins about us. To me it sounds so simple but again not everyone is the same.  Have you ever wondered about how you receive love? How do you share love with others?

Are you a cat or a dog?

AND remember love is great but it becomes AWESOME when used properly…..  

MAKE IT GREAT!!!!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment