Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Excuse me.........

Good morning!

I often speak about "letting go". When one holds on to something unnecessarily, it becomes an impediment in the journey in life. It can be difficult to move on when one feels as if there is no relief from their current situation. When one is not able to find a solution or is not able to create the solution that they desire frustration will set in. The trial is all that one can think about. What we must realize is not everything we want is what we need. Sometimes we have to let go. Now how do we do it? I've said, "Make a plan", focus on the journey, and "encourage yourself" to help you get through any situation. I do not think that I've been descriptive enough in my examples. I mean seriously people are still asking me, “How”. I’m going to give you an example of what works for me. Then it’s up to you to figure out what will work out for you. So, yesterday I was frustrated. I was frustrated to the point that my whole mood was sour. I had a straight up boot in my mouth. When I got home, I had some dinner and then I sat quietly going through my bible. I even went so far as to go to the internet to search for specific passages that addressed my current feelings. Once I found them, I wrote them on note cards so that I could place them where I can see them at all times. I then put my focus on the relationship between GOD and me. I begin to think about all that we have been through and how I am so much stronger than I have been in the past. I thought about how the word has been applied to my life. During all of this thinking, I found that I wasn’t frustrated anymore. Two things had occurred. One GOD’s word always makes me feel better AND because I was so focused on my current project that I wasn’t thinking about what frustrated me in the first place.  DISTRACTION people….. We have to find a way to distract ourselves with something that will solve the problem that we are currently having. Having a problem at your job? Well focus on how you can make your contribution better and in the process you are no longer thinking about what happened. Also, when you go back to work you are strapped with a plan for better. This goes for relationships (friends and lovers) also. The point is that whatever you are going through you first have to check yourself and then come up with a plan. You will not be able to change others but you can ADJUST who you are to receive better results. After all of the research, writing, and meditating I felt so much better. I know that I am in control and when I feel that I’m not I will do it all over again. That’s what having control is…being able to rein it back in when things seems to be slipping.

So figure out what will work for you. What will be your “productive distraction”?

AND remember productive distraction opens certain doors. You have to allow yourself to be distracted when you are unable to concentrate.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment