Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thank you

Great morning,

This morning I am feeling so “Thankful”. I can remember when I use to stress about everything. I would stress about the future and all of the things that “Could” happen. I use to wear myself out. Now when those thoughts creep in (they never go away) I am able to shut them down. It’s just not important because nothing has happened. I remind myself that things are fine. I look to the word and calm myself down. In life, we will create a catastrophe without any evidence that trouble is heading that way. When assuming we almost never think in the positive. In order for that to happen, we must first see some evidence that it will work out. I am thankful that I’m learning how to assume in the positive. I know that life doesn’t even have to be as good as it is right now and because of this, I am “Thankful”. I could be stuck in past and clouding my future but I’m not. I could be bitter and sucking the happy out of other people. I could drive myself crazy holding on to the “coulda”, “woulda”, “shoulda”. For that, I am “Thankful”. I know that because I have let go, I’ve freed up space in my heart for more blessings. Oh and how the blessings have been poured in my life. You are not able to place a price on sanity. A clean heart and mind enable you to make better decisions. When I think that things are about to spiral out of control instead of jumping the gun I wait. I think of a plan and then I just wait it out. I have been working on my patience and I am here to tell you that in the end things have worked themselves out because I didn’t add any fuel to the fire.  A couple of years ago someone told me not to pray for patience. They told me to work on it on my own. When you ask GOD to help you with patience you never know what will be put in your life to “help” you with your patience. I am thankful for that advice.  I am thankful that I have been given another day to spread JOY. I wasn’t always this happy. I use to be miserable but I can appreciate my happy so much more because I’ve been unhappy. I am thankful. It’s easy to drop the negative when you have been living in the positive. I am thankful for new understandings. I know that I will always be a work in progress. Happy like marriage takes a lot of work but it’s worth it. I am thankful that storms do not last and GOD still blesses me during the storm. How can I not be “Thankful”? I have not always made the best decisions and I’m still standing and happy. I have been given the opportunity to live an awesome life and I am going to take full advantage. I am thankful for this gift of life. As long as I continue to wake up, I will be thankful. I will live in the positive and when that old negative attempts to creep in, I will pause and readjust. I will think about all that has been given to me and I will say, “Thank you”.

And remember happiness come when we stop complaining about our troubles and start saying thank you for the troubles we don’t have……

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment