Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Frienimies

Good afternoon,

I was thinking about my circle of friends and I smiled. I am so blessed to have these people in my life. I know that when my life is turned upside down I can count on them to have my back. When I say that they have my back, I do not mean they get me out of trouble (although they would) I mean emotionally they will be there for me. I am able to express myself and not feel like I’m standing butt naked in the middle of I-10. We all know that I have problems with feeling vulnerable. Anywhoo, it made me think about the saying, “Weddings, babies, and funerals will show you who your real friends are”. It is during these times that your true friends will put how they feel aside and help you through whatever you are going through. It makes you appreciate those people so much more. As for the people that were not able to put your feelings first the relationship usually is fractured. It’s then that you have to decide what role that person will play in your life. I use to be of the mindset that if you are not able to support me then we no longer needed to be friends. I was so cut throat. I have adjusted and even though I may not cut a person totally out you will no longer have “inner circle” privileges.  There are some people in my life right now that do not know that they are no longer in the inner circle. I think it’s because they are not able to see pass their own wants and needs to notice that I’m not there. I truly believe that some people are in our lives for a season or a reason. It may not be meant for them to stay in your life. I was once told that your trials/storms are not always meant for you. They are a lesson that you are supposed to learn so that you can help someone else later. I feel that same way about people. Someone may be put in your life to help you continue on your journey. I have been able to give support to people because I have already been through it and I’m still standing. There was a woman that had come in for an interview and while she was waiting, I was just talking to her. Somehow, I got on the subject of “Happy” and I couldn’t stop talking. I apologized for my mouth vomit and she told me that she needed to hear that. We are not friends but she was sent to my job to hear something that would help her on her journey. The point of all of this is that we shouldn’t allow ourselves to get upset when your so-called “Friends” upset you and do not have your back. It may just be that the reason they are in your life has already been fulfilled. You cannot change people but you can change how you deal with them. Once again, the season is changing so let go of all unnecessary baggage. If you have any amount of Faith then you know that you will always be taken care of…….so let go and enjoy your wonderful life.

AND remember each time you meet a person, it occurs at a time when it will have the greatest impact in our lives……

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment