Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crackhead......

Good afternoon,

I’m sitting here and I’m thinking about fear. Fear comes from not having an understanding of a situation. When we don’t know either we shy away or act like a bull in a china shop. We all do it. I use to shy away from speaking about GOD. I knew some things and although I have faith, there were so many things I didn’t understand. I have been able to ask all of my questions without someone giving me the serious side eye and now I am so much more comfortable in a spiritual conversation. With better understanding, I am able to get through the storms of life. It’s not that the storms are easier…..I’m just stronger. The reason that I titled this post “Crackhead” is because we are human and we have to take life one day at a time in order not to be strung out.  The drug is fear and when we are living in fear, it will cause destruction. Fear will have you lying stealing, and cheating people. You are afraid of getting in trouble so you lie and blame someone else. You are acting shifty because you are stealing and afraid that someone may catch you. You don’t address issues because you are afraid of what it may say about you. You are afraid that you will fail so you make irrational decisions, which just cause the storm to get bigger. The thing about storms is that they always pass. Even the worse storms have come and gone. What we must do is not jump too fast in the storm. We must get into a Faith program and take it one day at a time. I have learned that when the storm is giving me the business I need to just stop. I must stop all movements and get prayed up. Focus on GOD. It’s not that I feel like I’m going to get the answer right at that moment. I just need to be centered so that when I do make a plan I will not be all over the place. When the storm comes, our initial reaction is some form of fear. We cannot let that fear drive us. Allowing fear to guide you is like letting Stevie Wonder’s evil twin take you to the store. Nothing good will come from it. Get focused on being calm and centered and then move. When GOD brought the Israelites out of Egypt, it was not so they could run around like chickens with their heads cut off. HE wanted something better for them. Now all they needed was to have Faith and stay the course. Well I am telling us….focus and stay the course. The storm will pass but will you have enough Faith to endure the journey?

And remember they say that weeping may endure for a night but JOY comes in the morning…….

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment