Thursday, September 12, 2013

Can you feel it?

Good afternoon,

Do you know what happiness is? I believe it’s a warm feeling that starts in your chest and moves to your face. It curves the ends of your mouth in an upward motion. Your cheeks plump up and there is a twinkle in your eye. Now this can come from a memory, a person, place, or thing. The point is I don’t think we appreciate these moments. We give too much attention to negativity, doubt, and fear so we do not fully submerge ourselves in the happiness that we experience. The happy moments in life are there to help fill your happy tank. How can you ever say that you want happiness when you can’t recognize that you have it right now? Well it may be because you are not happy with yourself. When someone doesn’t like himself or herself, they are not able to see the blessings in their lives. They make decisions rooted in negativity and this manifests more situations that are negative. The change has to be made internally. We have to decide that we want to be happy. We are given the gift of choice so when you live in perpetual darkness most times it’s because you are not fighting to change anything. It’s like having a gas card with no car. Make the decision to get the car so that you can appreciate the gas card. You have been giving life…again this morning. *Happy* You are born again each day. *Happy* This is the basic happiness. I am not even talking about the small things that happen to you during the day. *Happy, Happy, Happy* Appreciate it all or as my aunt likes to say Count it all JOY! I know some people that experience great things and will acknowledge it but as soon as the positive statement is done, a negative one follows. LIVE IN THE MOMENT of that happiness. Feel good about it. Smile and feel grateful that the blessing has been poured on you. I take time out of everyday to think of all that has been given to me. I think about the things people do for me. I think about the things that I am able to do for others. I reminisce about the jokes and laughter that I share with others. I appreciate it all and I know that I am blessed because it doesn’t have to be as good as it is now. With that being said, as I sit here smiling, Thank you to all that have added JOY into my life. I am happy in the midst of any storm because even though it may look dark I know that it won’t always be that way. I also know that there is always light in every dark place I just have to look for it if I want it and the same goes for you. Make the decision to be happy and keep working towards it.

AND remember there is a rainbow in every storm….do you see it?

MAKE IT GREAT

E

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I was able to add some happy to your day. Thank you for reading. :-)

      Delete