Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Untied.......

Good morning,

I was listening to T.D. Jakes and he said, “Once you have had so many bad experiences, anything that moves near you…..you are so apprehensive you already have a predisposed idea of what’s going to happen next. If you have been abused, and abused, and abused when I raise my hand you jerk and I could be trying to give you a piece of bread.”

I love this because it demonstrates how when holding on to the negative you subconsciously expect every person to come at you in a negative way. As I said yesterday, when you erect all of these walls you are preparing for failure and blocking your blessings. Once you begin to trust yourself, you will be able to see when someone’s juju is off. It will feel like tight underwear. There is no need to push someone away from the beginning. GOD always places people and situations in your life for you to learn a lesson. It is supposed to build a better you. Then when negativity does come your way, you are prepared. Trust HIM. One of my favorite scriptures is “Trust in the LORD with all of your heart and do not lean towards your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make straight your path”. The parts that I meditate on are “Trust” and “do not lean to my own understanding”. Trust….hmmmm…. it’s like when you allow someone to drive your car. You trust them enough to take care of it or you wouldn’t let them use it. I know that may seem simple but that’s how simple it is. You have to let go and know that you are covered. The other part about not leaning on my own understanding is harder. When something is wrong, we will think of all things we could have or should have done. Then we think of all the ways it can or should turn out. All the questions of “why” float around until you are dizzy. When those thoughts pop in your head, just keep telling yourself to not lean towards your own understanding. Repeat it until you can think of something else to think about. I mean because truth be told if you understood why you wouldn’t be driving yourself crazy in the first place. That rang so true to me this weekend. I was at the movies with friends and one of my friends kept asking “why”. Why did she do that? What does that mean? Where are they going? I don’t think they realized they were even asking the questions. I thought well if you wait a few minutes, it will tell you and that’s what we have to do in life. Stop with the questions and attempting to solve it ourselves and give it a little time. All will come into the light.

So today put your hands out palms up and let go of all worries. Whenever they pop in your head just put your palms up reminding yourself that you are letting go. Then trust….. Hand over the keys. GOD hasn’t failed you yet…whether you have a relationship with him or not. Finally do not dive yourself crazy trying to figure it out on your own. Give it a little time and the answers will appear and it will be easier to see them when your mind is clear.

I hope that you have a super awesome and encouraging day!

AND remember forget what use to hurt, appreciate what’s happening today, and make room in your heart for what’s coming next……

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment