Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wailing at the wall.......

Good morning,

Yesterday was Life Studies and as always, it was very thought inspiring………

We talked about how we can be so closed-minded that we do not realize that the very thing we are praying for has already happened. Just because it didn’t come the way that we thought it should look, we ignored it. There are times that the things you want will not have all the bells and whistles you desire but it’s exactly what you need. I have a perfect example. Everyone that knows me knows that I live and die for a good blanket. I do not know why I love them as I do but they just bring me JOY. My best friend bought me a snuggie. I have been talking about wanting one since I put my Aunt Judy’s on (backwards) and walked around her house like the queen that I am. Well…..I got the snuggie but it didn’t look like the one that my aunt had. It’s not hideous or anything it just didn’t look like what I wanted. I appreciated the fact that she even got me what I asked for so I put it on. It does everything a snuggie should do. By the end of the day, I was in love. I was sooooo warm AND I was still able to use my hands without exposing my body to the cold. I think I have spent time with this blanket every day since Christmas. I call it, “My not so hot looking boyfriend with a great personality”…..lol. I love him so much…..lol.  ANYWHOO………The point of this is that I could have missed out on the love that blanket brings me all because it didn’t look exactly how I wanted it to look. We should never be wrapped in the way things look because in the end if it doesn’t have the core things you are looking for then the beauty doesn’t matter.

Be open to the things that come your way. You can’t say that you don’t like it if you never try it…….if it’s not meant to be then just move on. There is a lesson in every situation. Sometimes the lesson is for you and sometimes the lesson is for the other person. This is all in preparation of making you better for future blessings. If you stay closed and stuck in one idea you will never grow. Life is constantly changing and you must do the same. I am not saying completely change but you have to upgrade yourself. The way things happened for our Grandparents and parents is different for us. It will be different for our children so we must always adjust and adapt to new ideas. Pastor Jim said that GOD never intended for us to stay stuck in one way of thinking. If that were the case then we wouldn’t have all of the technology that we have today. There is nothing wrong with keeping your core beliefs just do not be so rigid in the presentation……

Be open and willing to adjust and you will find that what you have been praying, hoping, and wishing for is right in front of you.

AND remember if you change the way you look at the things, the things you look at change……

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment