Thursday, January 17, 2013

The "F" word........

Good morning,

I would like to begin by talking about my Faith. My Faith is so GANSTA! No matter how l low my feelings get my Faith always steps to fight for me. I am so grateful that I have this fight in me. There are so many negative things that you can feed into that you need to have some sort of fight in you. Lately I have not been at my usual 100% happy. I’m not far off I just like to be on super happy all the time. Well when things got out of hand, my Faith stood up and took over. Every time I got into my feelings, my Faith reminded me why it would be ok and what I need to do to keep my head above water. Then yesterday in Life Studies, the Pastor was explained how in the middle of a dessert there can be a patch of area that has green tress. The trees surround a small body of water. The trees are able to grow on the banks because they are able to get the nutrients needed. He went on to explain that just because the trees look good doesn’t mean that they do not endure any trials. There will still be extreme weather conditions that they will have to undergo BUT because they are held down but the nutrients of the water, they can get through it. Of course, the anchor was GOD and if we keep the word in our heart and on our mouths, we will be able to get through any storm. That’s how I feel about my Faith. I am not better than anyone else I just know that no matter what happens if I have Faith I can get through it. It doesn’t mean that I will not cry. It doesn’t mean that I will not feel heartbroken. It doesn’t mean that I do not have thoughts of giving up. Your feelings and your Faith are two different things. Your feelings are your initial reaction to something. Your Faith is your back-up generator when you need that boost to keep going. I know that when you are in the midst of a storm you are not always able to see the sunlight. I have no problem encouraging until you are able to encourage yourself. If you are in my close circle, you know that when you need me I am bringing my pom poms and my Faith. I am going to be a cheerleader for a happier day until you are able to see it. I know that things will be all good if you just believe. Even when you are in the middle of your storm, you have to know that your storm is a moment in your life. If will not rain everyday unless you do a special rain dance. Dance for a better day. I know that it’s hard to see past the pain. TRUST ME I KNOW…..but you have to know that you are on the banks so you are covered. You have all the nutrients you need so just hold on. If GOD has helped you make it this far WHY would you think that HE would let you fall now? Everyone has had some severe situations that you thought you would never be able to get through but you have! YOU ARE STILL STANDING! It may seem like you falling but you are not. You are just in the midst of your storm. Therefore, instead of saying “Man Up”, I’m telling you to “Faith Up”. Tell yourself that this is a moment not my life. I just need to hold and things will straighten themselves out. Do not lean on your own understanding. When you attempt to understand things that you do not have the answers to you end up feeling worse than when you started. Let things run their course. In the meantime, you need to stay prayed up. I know when I began my relationship with GOD I was not praying….I was begging. I thought I had Thelma and Louise’d off a cliff and I didn’t know what was going to happen. It was only after I was able to “believe” that I began to pray. I believed that I could not let my situations dictate how I was going to live my life. I was tired of being sad. I was tired of crying. I was tired of thinking about what anyone would say. So, I decided that I was going to be happy and I started praying for that. I told GOD, If YOU keep laying the path I will keep walking”……AND I haven’t looked back since. That is why I feel that I can tell you to hold on. You are on the banks anchored down by the greatest. Let your Faith wild out and be the gansta in your life. Tell your fears, worries, doubts, and storms that you are more than a conqueror!

AND remember anyone can cheer for you but you have to fight for yourself.

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment