Monday, September 22, 2014

Clean your glasses.......


Perception is a mutha………

I have literally been in constant thought all year. Now that may not sound like a big deal but I feel that too much thinking can drive you crazy especially if you are not able to make sense out of anything. Why are these things happening to me? What am I missing? How can I fix it? These are just some of the thoughts that I’ve had this year. It’s like a flushing toilet…..round and round and round.  Although I’m still feeling a little lost it seems that my perception is changing. It finally dawned on me that my anxiety is high because in my mind I’m “losing” and there is nothing I can do about it. I lost another parent. I lost a job. I lost a love. What’s so crazy is that the year is not even over…… So my perception is that from my experiences this year I am going to lose and I need to battle it. Fix it. Make it right. I was listening to a sermon last week and the pastor said, “You’re fighting a battle that is not yours because your past has shaped how you see your present”. This is true because I was in a state of losing or so I thought. Right now even though the past still stings I am looking at things a little differently. Yes, I lost my father but it wasn’t like I was daddy’s little girl. I love him. I always will but we did not have the closest relationship. I tried really hard to build a closer relationship but we were only able to work with what we had at the time. So what did I really lose? It’s the perception of having parents to share my life celebrations. For those that may be a little lost a life celebration (to me) are things like graduations, weddings, babies, success in your career, awards, etc….. Well that is gone. Honestly after my mom passed it was gone. I have never shared a life celebration with my dad. We have spent time together and I have positive memories but no life celebrations. Now as for this job…… they just kicked me to the curb literally a week after I returned from my father’s funeral. It hurt because I was faithful and worked hard. I also have never been fired, let go, or laid off from a job.  Now that I look back what did I lose? I never really had the job. I was a contractor. It was never mine to begin with. I just had hopes that since I had been faithful to them they would be to me. WRONG. Oh well….. Then I lost a love……. Well that was my perception. In actuality I’m still in love. (Yes I said it) It’s just that it’s an unrequited love. (And yes I said that) Sooooo again what did I lose? Oh….I lost the perception that there could be something more. Like I said in the beginning, “Perception is a mutha”. What I have to remind myself is what is for me will be for me and what is not for me will be taken away. It doesn’t mean that it’s a bad thing it just may be that there is something else that has my name on it. I won’t have to fight and battle for it either. I will always do my part but it won’t feel like it’s just me. I have to be able to let go of what’s not mine and that’s the hard part. I believe that if I work at it then it will be for me but that’s that square peg in the round hole way of thinking. Today’s post it note on the computer will say, “You are not losing. You are just making room for the things that belong to you”. Like I have always said, “Life is not easy but it will always be worth living.” I hope that all of you are always able to find the positive in every storm and celebrate this gift called “Life”.

AND remember we can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

9 comments:

  1. Perceptions...humm smh if only I had cleaned my glasses off YEARS ago I wouldn't be in this predicament now. And if IF was a fifth we'd all be drunk lol I have to keep my sense of humor (hint you know me lol) so that I don't continue to drive myself crazy. My health is now showing me that I am stressing about things that can be fix. Im a mother its an instinct that comes when having a child you are going to try to do your best to make things work. I tried to hard nd stressed waaayy to much nd now I have to think about ME. My kids need me nd I need them! I am a strong women who has been thru ALOT in my young life and I got through it and I KNOW I WILL OVER COME THIS STORM. I WILL USE MY PAST MISTAKES AS STEPPING STONES I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT GO BACKWARDS....Getting a brand NEW pair of glasses with a NEW prescription for a NEW ME....PERCEPTIONS OF LIFE!! Can We See It A Brighter Future...LETTING GO & LETTING GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do it. AND know that you have support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 you know what hurts is when you can't go to your mother or your father and talk to them about everything that's going on and you can't get their support that's what hurts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. Both of my parents leave with Jesus..... I can't go to them and it hurts. That's some of what I have been dealing with. I have no husband...no kids.... BUT I do have friends and family. That's who I lean on. Focus on what you have. GOD send you what you need but it doesn't always look like what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I know about your parents and I'm sorry to hear that so sorry but I think he actually sent my aunt to my rescue and she welcomed me into her home her and her husband and that's where I'm at now. I'm here in the country girl knowing good dog gone well Im a city girl lol she gave me the keys to her truck I have my own room and bathroom she opened up her house at my casa su casa I'm so thankful I thank them everyday I pray to God thanking him forsending her my way it's such a true blessing to have family there to open up their homes to you and I thought I had none I have outcry to so many of my blood family relatives and no one did anything all I heard was stay strong I'll keep praying for you but I wanted to hear more wanted other actions to be done so I guess God knew that that was not the place for me to be

    ReplyDelete
  6. You needed quiet to be able to listen to him..... Also what type of work are you looking for? Do you have a resume? Will you let me help you with this? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes I have a resume I can actually email it to you I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need all the help I can get at this point. I've done medical billing data entry material handler for Applied Materials a dispatcher for a carpet cleaning company skills with customer service is excellent. let me get my resume and I'll email it to you give me a second.

    ReplyDelete