Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fill out top portion only...........

Hang in there!
Sometimes these words do not provide much comfort when you are going through it. What you really want is a solution. You want an answer to your prayers. Oh and not just an answer but a detailed solution. Most times it’s not that you are not trying to make things better it’s just things are not changing. You feel lost and your issue is plucking at your self-esteem. So really what does it mean to hang in there? I’m here to tell you it means just that…..Hang in there. I always want to fix whatever it is and keep it moving but there are times that I just have to wait. It’s not easy. We want things to happen in the time that we want it and that’s not how it works. So you do your part and then GOD does HIS part. Easy right? I was watching a sermon and the bishop said, “The hardest thing in the world is to figure out what’s my responsibility and what’s GOD’s responsibility”. Oh how true…… Hanging in there means do your part and then stand strong knowing that GOD will do HIS part. We can’t do both. If we have faith that means that we trust so we have to hang in there.  Do what you can and then stand back and let it go. How do you let it go? (I know I heard you ask that….or maybe it was me) Letting it go is just that. Stop trying to find other solutions. Stop wondering about this and that. Every time something pops in your head tell yourself, “NO” and remind yourself that GOD is working and HE doesn’t need your help for HIS part. Plus, I have never seen any random burning bushes so how will you know when GOD is trying to show you something if you are busy trying to fix your life by yourself? I know that I have personally run GOD a little cray cray this year because I was trying to fix it. I would pray for help and then not accept what HE would send my way because I was too busy trying to do it myself or it didn’t look how I envisioned it to look. Well what’s the point in asking?…..smh. Even now I have to fall back because I don’t want to force things that may now be what I need. I will never give up doing my part I just have to not be so invested that I miss what is being presented to me.
Sooooooo hang in there! You are doing what you can. While you are waiting stay prayed up, spend time with friends and family. Get in to a hobby. Do things that somewhat will take your mind off of your troubles. Be open to that answer……
And remember life wouldn’t be so hard if you let GOD hold your elbow.
(Thanks Athena)
E
    

4 comments:

  1. Let Go n Let God...Being human we all want to do it ourselves. I hear that everyday all the time and I believe that We make it hard for ourselves when we don't do just that. We want RIGHT now actions not days weeks months years but RIGHT THEN N THERE nd it just doesn't happen that'a way. I believe its called being selfish or maybe im wrong but thats just what I think. I am learning how to let go nd let God as we speak. Its a learning process just like a baby learning how to hold his/her bottle learning how to crawl walk talk write ect.

    In the words of Steve Harvey...Dont Trip..Gods Not Thru With Me Yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right.... We just have to get our focus right. The answers may have been there all along but we couldn't see them because we were looking the wrong way. Thankfully GOD is a patient GOD..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes ma'am your right about that I know nd I believe that I was looking the wrong way and looking for a change and maybe also hoping that things would change but they never did they just got worse we were just stuck in a hurricane or tornado just spinning n spinning and not going anywhere. I know now stop look n listen and I've gotten plenty of signs I know it and I need to start acting on them... lesson learned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep..... and if it's supposed to be things will change. You work on you.... and let GOD handle the rest. :-)

    ReplyDelete