Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Poppin' that hotness......

Good afternoon,

The Gerbil in my head is running…….

You know how I am about hearing things in 3’s. This time the topic is communication.

There is a saying that goes, “Closed mouths don’t get fed”. I know I have stated this several times, because as you know I am super big on communication. I cannot give you what you want or stop doing what is annoying you if you don’t say anything. I understand that some people keep things to themselves because they are afraid of what the response might be. This is a sure fire way to keep yourself in a constant state of turmoil. BE HONEST. Be aware of who you are and what you want. Now the person you are speaking to may not always agree but they will always know where you stand. I believe that when you are honest with your communication, it builds a form of trust. You know that you will get the unfiltered version of someone’s thoughts. The problem is that with honesty you have to be able to take the chit with the sugar….. It’s not always going to go your way or sound the way that you would like it to BUT there is a chance that you will be able to come to some sort of compromise/understanding. I have recently had a long conversation about this. In my marriage, I feel that if he would have just told me what he wanted, I could have at least worked on it. Not to say that I would have been perfect at fixing the problem. The point is that I am given the opportunity to make corrections. Instead, we didn’t talk. I was always in my head attempting to figure out what to do. The gerbil running was so tired….. Now, if you can’t tell me what you want I will not waste much time attempting to figure out what's going on in your head. You can even tell me you are not sure what it is. I at least know that we can work on figuring out together so that we can correct it. I make it very clear that I may not always like what you say but we can break it down to get to the root of it. Now I know that tact is very important and I work hard on this because I can be blunt and I do not want anyone throwing up their defenses and we getting nowhere. The goal is to be happy. Sooooo with all of that being said unless you are one of Dionne Warwick’s psychic friends’ then you will need to bump your gums a little bit to inform the other person of what your needs are at the moment.

AND remember to tell people how you feel, because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regrets can last a lifetime…..

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment