Monday, February 25, 2013

Whatcha gon' do when gas is too high?

Good Afternoon,

You know….. I often speak of finding a focus to keep you on track. Finding something that keeps you centered. Whether it’s quotes, Bible verses, music, or projects you need to be involved with something that keeps you from Thelma and Louise’in off the cliff. For a minute now, my tolerance for silly things has been pushed to the brink. It’s all good when it’s one, maybe two things but when it becomes 5+ at the same time it becomes harder to ignore or brush off. If you know me, then you know that I really enjoy driving. It’s relaxing and I am able to sort out my thoughts while listening to music. This has been a little harder to do with gas being so expensive. Well, I went home this weekend and the ride home started off good for me. Then all of a sudden, things changed. What usually takes me 2- 2/12 hours took me a little over 4 hours. There was a major accident and I was stuck. (Still praying that everyone involved made it through) I turned the truck off after a while and I was left with my thoughts. Watching the emergency crews, I realized that I was giving too much of me to things that doesn’t really matter. I was allowing people and situations to steal my Joy. I told myself to step back, refocus, and get back to the important things. Life will always toss you a few obstacles but it should never weigh you down. I do not give up easily and if I do end anything, it just means that I am going to go at it from another angle.  You can’t change people but you can change your reaction to their actions. All of this crap was beginning to alter my disposition. That is just not acceptable. I am not going to lose any sleep over spilt milk. Clean it up and move on. I have taken a step back. Now back to my daily routine of keeping the Joy intact. You have to find what works for you. If foolishness comes, it is to be ignored and I am to refocus on my personal mission of internal Joy. It’s my life and I am going to be happy. If someone (men or women) would like to join me on the Joyful train then by all means come on! The drive home reminded me that life could be taken or altered at any moment. Enjoy every single moment and don’t worry about the rest.  Count it all Joy!

I hope you have a super awesome day.

AND remember the best way to be happy is to let go of the things that make you unhappy.

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment