Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love's in the air!

Good morning,

I had a conversation with a co-worker yesterday about Valentine’s Day. All that know me know that I love all holidays and Valentine’s Day is no different. It’s about love and happiness….why wouldn’t I like it? Now society will lead you to believe that if you do not have a significant other then you should be lonely, jealous, and bitter. It’s as if you can only celebrate if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend. Really? Then you have the people that feel that they show their love all year long so why should they have to go out of their way on Valentine’s day? I feel like Valentine’s Day is a day of love. Do you remember when you were in elementary school and you made Valentine’s Day boxes or bags? Then your parents bought those perforated Valentine’s Day cards. You shared you love/like with the whole class. Somewhere between the end of elementary and beginning Middle school the rules changed. Now you have to like someone in order to celebrate. We then carry this on for the rest of our lives. What about the people that have loved you all of your life..... Do they not deserve a “Love shout out” on Valentine’s Day? What about your friends that love and care about you? They have been there for you but they are never included in your Valentine’s Day thoughts…..

Don’t allow society to dictate how you live your life. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with everyone. Send out cards, texts, e-mails, e-cards, or go and purchase something. People want to feel special. We all want to feel loved. So, take this time to show them the love! This brings me to the people that feel like Valentine’s Day is commercial and since they show love all year they should take this day off….lol. If you showed it all year then it shouldn’t be hard to show it on Valentine’s Day. It should be like any other day. It you do something that your sweetheart finds extra special every day then just change the color…..lol. If your significant other hasn’t appreciated what you do all year then I can see you being a little salty about having to do something for Valentine’s Day. I get it…. but the real question is why are you with a person that doesn’t appreciate what you do all year? I’ll wait…….

Anywhoooooooo, you should show love everyday including Valentine’s Day.  Don’t make it so hard…… You should know what your lover likes sooooo…just upgrade that.  For me, I like quality time. If you buy me things but I get no time I don’t feel loved. Don’t get me wrong gifts are nice but if everything burned to the ground and I still have your love then I’m good. We can always grind and get the material things back. I know that sounds special but I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. My mom was sick but with her love, I never felt that I was missing out on much. Now that she is living with GOD, my family and friends shower me with love and I feel like the richest person in the world. Just this morning I got a text from a friend praying that I have a great day. That’s love. *Grateful*

Life is what you make it and if you view it in a negative way then it will not be appealing and you won’t be happy. I have chosen to see life as a gift that I get to open every day. I celebrate everything because if it makes people happy then it makes me happy. What am I doing for Valentine’s Day? I will be sending out love and baking to make people smile. I may even wear red. I will never be lonely and bitter for Valentine’s Day. I have all of this love surrounding me…… *Blessed*

Make every day the best day of your life. Share Joy, Happiness, and Love.

AND remember Loves cures people…. Both the ones who give it and the ones that receive it.

MAKE IT GREAT!!!!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment