Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It's more than a feeling............


Good morning,

I am sitting here thinking about when I was going through my storm I was so sad but I knew that it wouldn’t always be this way. It was hard not to go with what I was feeling. It was so intense that I couldn’t even focus at times. I literally had to set up reminders that it was just a feeling not my life. There is a difference in what you feel and what you know to be true. It’s like when someone steps on your foot. It hurts but you know that you can still use it and that eventually the pain will fade. Life is not a toe but the same theory applies. I knew that my life had not always been this way. I knew that I was in a tough situation but it would eventually clear up. I knew that grief and the grieving process doesn’t last forever. I knew that I was ok and just needed to keep moving forward. I focused as much as I could on what I believed. One day I woke up and I was felt different. The heaviness that I was feeling was not there. I immediately felt happy because I didn’t feel sad. I know that sounds crazy but just the relief of heartache was enough to send me over the moon with happiness. I knew that it would come because I believe in the promise for an abundant life. If you do not believe then you will always be grasping at any solution trying to fix it yourself. Sometimes what you are going through is needed. The old has to be washed away so that the new can flourish. Let go and let it happen. Drown yourself in the love and comfort that GOD has created for you. All you need is a mustard seed size of faith to keep you moving forward and you will eventually come out of your storm. When you do make it to the other side and you are in a better place be a blessing for someone else. Sooooo many people were encouraging me and praying for me during my time of need. Now that I’m in a better place I just want to be that support that I had for someone else. It’s ok to have feelings but you have to remind yourself that it’s just a reaction to the situation(s) that are happening in your life.  IT IS NOT YOUR LIFE. The promise is an abundant life with GOD having your back every step of the way. You have to believe that anything that happens you are built to handle. KNOW that happiness is still there and when the negative fades you will be able to enjoy this gift of life!

I know these things to be true because I’m on the other side. It was a rough road getting here but I’m back and grateful!

We will always have feelings but we cannot allow them to determine our future. BELIEVE that it’s just a moment and keep pushing forward!

AND remember if you can’t move by running it’s ok to move using baby steps.

MAKE IT GREAT!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment