Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Scattered Thoughts....

Good morning,

So, I was speaking with a friend this morning about encouragement. I have this theory that if someone is encouraged to be more positive then it will radiate out of that person into other aspects of their lives. Of course, this all depends on the person’s willingness to accept positivity into their lives. Their perspective on relationships, career, and self will change once they understand that your circumstances do not make you who you are. They will no longer be able to look at things through negative eyes. I was in a situation where I was encouraging someone that needed the encouragement. I did not agree with the way they were handling life decisions. The way that they were treating people was horrible. I figured that since they had so much hurt and sadness inside that they would not be able to see the good in anything. They hope for the best but always focus on the negative. I believe that if I consistently encourage then they will be able to see the good in their life and appreciate it. Then decisions can be made with a positive expectation. It’s easy to choose when your expectation is to win. With negativity comes doubt followed by the expectation of failure because that is what you know. If you want better then you have to think better. I wanted this person to know that I was holding them responsible for their happiness. I needed them to understand that I have their back and I expect greatness. Even though I got some backlash for being supportive to someone they felt didn’t deserve it I didn’t stop. First of all no one can stop me from being positive. Secondly, if I can help them make a change then I will. Finally, they don’t understand that if that person changes then they will be good to everyone. Everyone wins. I know that people can change if they want to change. If they do not want to change then it really doesn’t affect my life that much because I just gave support and encouragement…..both which I have an abundance of. I was also telling this friend that at a certain point you have the ability to make the decisions. You will not be able to blame anyone else but yourself. What happened to you as a child no longer holds true because you are an adult. YOU DECIDE. So, if you are negative and go into every situation with a negative perspective you will fail and you only have you to blame. My childhood was not perfect by any means but I make the decisions now so if I mess it up it’s on me. I have made the decision to take all of the positives in my life and grow on that. I no longer have a desire to hold on to anything negative. Why? Well mainly because those things are no longer relevant in my life. I want JOY. Now when I think something negative I have to think of two positive things in my life or about the situation. In order to keep negativity from falling out of my mouth I place GOD’s words there instead. I may not say them aloud but if I am not able to say something nice then think about a scripture or positive saying. I know that I will never be perfect but I want to be better. I want to be better to me because I deserve it. If I want to have a wonderful life then I have to make that happen right now, with what I have. For me encouragement is like adding gas to your car….. If you want to keep moving in a positive direction, you have to keep adding the positive.

AND remember correction does much, but encouragement does more.

MAKE IT GREAT

E

No comments:

Post a Comment